Fraser Valley Blues Society
Welcome! Thanks for visiting. We’ve got some great music happening for you. The FVBS offers live music in the Fraser Valley, including the communities of Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Hope, Agassiz, Mission, BC featuring bands, concerts and a monthly blues jam (Sept – June).
Strong Bow & Wry, Sep. 23
A fundraising event for the Duo Strong Bow & Wry featuring Jennie Bice and Tony O’Hara. We’re sending them to Memphis in Jan. and this event is the start of their fundraising events. This amazing duo impresses everywhere they play. Unique, beautiful, lively blues music at it’s best! Get your entry with a minimum $20 donation at: https://fvbs.square.site
Paul Kype & Texas Flood, Oct. 7
You are in for a treat with our next band, Paul Kype & Texas Flood will be giving you rock blues in the style of SRV. Paul is from the Fraser Valley but now lives in Alberta. Fans and friends flock to his shows when he’s back in town. For the first time, our FVBS audience gets to enjoy an evening with Paul & his band.
Next Jam – Friday, Oct. 13 with Jon Gale & the Gale Force Blues Band hosting
Who is the Fraser Valley Blues Society?
We are a group of Music Lovers who felt a foundation to promote, support, educate and enjoy live blues music in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia was overdue.
Since receiving our Charter as a Non Profit, this Society has been formed with the following objectives:
- To promote and perpetuate Blues Music, and like music types in the Fraser Valley area.
- To present live Blues performances at various venues to establish our region as a Blues destination. The performers range from International acts to local musicians.
- To give support to up and coming musicians and provide an opportunity to further their aspirations.
- To inform and educate members of our related communities to appreciate live music.
- Please help preserve and promote live music close to home by joining today.
Volunteers, musicians and other blues lovers help us fulfill our mandate. We can’t do it alone! Please contact us if you would like to contribute via a membership, sponsorship or volunteering at a venue.