One of our favorite festivals in Washington State:
The Mount Baker R&B Festival has, from the beginning been dedicated to “Keepin’ the Blues Alive”. Hundreds of talented bands have graced our stage, none more important the other in terms of honoring America’s heritage musical legacy. By incorporating, roots, rock, pure blues and even a touch of rockabilly & jazz, the blues is represented. Hence, an amazing vibe!
This year’s lineup, as always, brings together some of the top Musicians in the Country:
FRIDAY, August 1st
- 5:00-6:30…CASPIAN COBERLY (12 year old prodigy from Greater Seattle)
- 7:00-8:30…JOSEY WAILS (20 YEAR OLDS FROM Skagit County…fantastic)
- 9:00-close…ORI NAFTALY BAND (Voted, Israel’s Top Blues Band…semi finalist’s IBC’s)
SATURDAY, August 2nd
- 11:00-12:30…MARK WHITMAN BAND (Seattle guitar legend brings it “back home”)
- 1:00-2:30…CRAZY TEXAS GYPSIES (Best of the best from the South Sound…you just wait!)
- 3:00-4:30…THE CHRIS EGER BAND (super-talented prodigy…evolving at the speed of light!)
- 5:00-6:30…THE STRANGETONES (Portland’s Best! And, with the Volcano Vixens… hold on tight!)
- 7:00-8:30…TEN YEARS AFTER (40+ years ago…WOODSTOCK…Aug 2nd, 2014…MOUNT BAKER!)
- 9:00-close…THE STEEPWATER BAND (Chicago’s top-shelf, progressive, rockin’ blues!)
SUNDAY, August 3rd
- 11:00-12:30…RJ KNAPP & HONEY ROBIN (Chicago native RJ Knapp…great female vocal)
- 1:00-2:30…BILLY ROY DANGER & THE RECTIFIERS (ROOTS/ROCKABILLY etc. ala BILLY STOOPS)
- 3:00-4:30… THE FAT TONES (festival favorites…”one of a kind”…”totally original”..)
- 5:00-6:30…HARPER and MIDWEST KIND (RAVE REVIEWS! Back by popular demand!)
- 7:00-close…SCOTT HOLT (Buddy Guy’s guitarist over 10 years! Hold on tight…Scott is A-1!)
As always…FREE CAMPING/SHOWERS with “weekend pass”, 55 full RV hookups. Our 180 acre, manicured site has it all. Food/Crafts vendors and beer garden as well as an indoor All-Star jam after hours until 2am every night. This amazing jam each night is worth the price of admission itself!
Tickets on sale online at www.bakerblues.com or (360) 383-0850 and locally (cash or checks) at Hugo Helmer Music, Burlington; (360) 757-0270 or Avalon Music, Bellingham (360) 676-9573. Limited to 2000 tickets…the website (www.bakerblues.com) has “all” the info!